Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Character interview - The Jinxes from Jinxed by Donna Augustine

Today I'm so happy to welcome back a fantasy author who may be relatively new to me but one who's become a must read when a new novel comes out. I loved Karma the first book in her Karma series so when Jinxed came out I jumped at the chance to read it and was not disappointed. The Jinxes have a considerable role in Jinxed and I asked author Donna Augustine what she'd like to do to talk about the novel she thought maybe you'd all like to get up close and personal with Bobby, Billy & Buddy, otherwise known as The Jinxes.

 

  • BN ID: 2940150442405
  • Publisher: Strong Hold Publishing
  • Publication date: 11/1/2014
  • Series: Karma Series , #2  

Overview

Karma, it’s what they call me and the very essence of who I am. When I died young, I was recruited by the agency that keeps the Universe running smoothly. As someone with a human past, most of my coworkers consider me inferior.

But not everyone. Something evil has been stalking me for centuries. It’s been biding its time, waiting for the moment when it will strike and it needs me to to do it. 

Just to give you some background the Jinxes appear as adolescent boys usually found on their skateboards and readers sometimes forget that they're eons old with attitudes and appetites to match.
Enjoy!

Interviewer: I’m happy to be joined by the Jinxes. Do you have individual names you go by?

Bobby: Yeah, I’m Bobby, and these two douchebags are my brothers, Billy and Buddy.


Interviewer: And what is your occupation?

Bobby: Dipshit, don’t you have reading comprehension? You got our bio. We’re the Jinxes. We screw shit up. Your car breaks down? Look around, we might be there. Someone stole your lunch at work? Might not be your loser coworker next box over.

Billy: Hey, chickie, what do you drive?

Buddy: You’ve got that nice Caddy, right?


Interviewer: No. That is definitely not my car.

Bobby: How come you don’t show any flesh? What, you got cankles going on under that ugly shit you’re wearing?

Buddy: Seriously, what happened this morning? You raid grandma’s closet or some shit? And your hair. Ugh. Girl, you need some help. I know this person that might be able to polish you up a bit. I’m not saying you’re going to be hot or nothin’ but at least try.

Billy: No ankles. I don’t think that’s a good idea. I haven’t had lunch yet.

Buddy: So what? We don’t eat humans anymore.

Billy: If it looks like one of those turkey legs like you get in Disney, I don’t think it’s a good idea. I’m already feeling woozy.

Bobby: Oh no, not with the low blood sugar crap again.

Billy: Hey! It’s a legitimate problem.

Bobby: For HUMANS.

Billy: I’m telling you, I have it.

Buddy: A skirt isn’t going to help. I know corpses that look better in the morning.




 Interviewer: My appearance is none of your business. Can we please move on?

Bobby: We’re the ones that have to look at you but whatever, stiff.




Interview: What do you think of your coworkers?

Bobby: Fate is our boy. Karma, she’s good stuff. She’s got a thing for me but Fate’s into her so I won’t give her the goods, if you know what I mean.

Billy: Bullshit, she wants me.

Buddy: She doesn’t want either of you, losers. I’m the only one here that can handle that ride. But, like Bobby said, Fate has a thing for her. We don’t want to hog all the chicks or he’d get depressed. Gotta throw him a bone every now and then. Keeps his spirits up.


Interviewer: So there is something going on with those two?

Bobby: Kind of. He isn’t as slick as us so he’s muddling it up a bit but they’re getting there. At least he got his —

Billy: We ain’t supposed to say that shit no more!

Buddy: Why? The whole office knows they did it.


Interviewer: Moving on, I’ve heard you’ve had some problems with a person named Malokin?

Bobby: Oh yeah, him. Another douchebag. We would’ve handled him already but we’re trying to let some of our coworkers get practice at doing something. They need it.

Buddy: Seriously, we can’t constantly fix their problems. It’s exhausting to have to clean up their messes, day after day.

Billy: And the whining. You look like a whiner too.

Bobby: Bet she’s real loud in bed. So happy to get a little she just won’t shut up.


Interview: I quit. I don’t get paid enough to deal with this.

Bobby: Guys, lets go grab a beer. We’re way ahead of schedule today.

Billy: Yeah, I thought it was going to take at least another ten minutes.

Buddy: We need a raise.


 My Review of Jinxed

8 months ago young defense attorney Camilla Fontaine died tragically and was unceremoniously and immediately without the benefit of a manual dumped into the role of Karma, yeah the brings happiness to good deeds and punishes bad ones, The Queen of consequences, Karma. Not only is she forced along with the other misfits in the agency  to run the Universe from their unremarkable, retro (dump) chic office building that houses the Unknown Forces of the Universe or UFU for short. Alls not well in the cosmos and Karma must be jinxed to keep stepping in all this galaxical doo doo because now theres another evil doer who thinks he can do a better job of running things, Universally speaking. And just to make sure he gets his point across hes kidnapped Kitty, aka the black cat lady to help convince Karma to help him. Now Karma would love to ask for help and shes pretty sure sexy Fate (who shes got the intense hots for) would come to her aid, only the new bad guys have upped the anti and shes forced to go it alone. Survival from this new calamity is questionable at least and Karma only hopes she can stay alive and help kitty.

Donna Augustines page-turning fantasy, Jinxed, second in her Karma series leaves right off from the first. Its intense and a bit darker than the first and her new foe is creepily evil. With her informative narrative she continues Karmas story interjecting here and there side stories of her calamitous co-stars. And she also continues the passionate but often catastrophic liaison with the very hot, sexy and intense Fate. Her characters are full-bodied and she takes the time to develop them to her readers benefit. I especially like her character growth of Karma whos much more sure of herself and a bit of a butt-kicking superhero now. I cant wait to see what happens in book three, Fated. I do recommend that these novels be read in order and if its been a while since youve read the first a quick refresher may be helpful. Thanks Donna Jinxed Rocks!


Connect with Donna - Website - Facebook - Twitter



MEET DONNA:
Donna Augustine’s lifelong ambition was to become the crazy cat lady. Unfortunately, when family allergies cut short her dream of living in a house full of furries, she turned her ambitions toward writing. Combining her love of fantasy, scifi, horror and romance, she tries to string together interesting twists on urban fantasy.
A native of New Jersey, when she isn’t writing or over dosing on caffeine, she can occasionally be spotted in disguise at the local dog park.




Today's Gonereading item is:
a collection of miscellaneous
book lovers items - Click
HERE for the buy page


15 comments:

  1. Okay this just sounds fantastic and I must meet all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kindlemom, it was great. But start with book one
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVED this book and the interview is hilarious.
    ~Mandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OK, how come I've haven't heard of this before? This sounds right up my alley Debbie.....You know I'm adding this bad boy to my list right away! Book one it is!
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought book one, so I need to dig it out and get to reading..I am so glad this delivered as well. I would love to see these on audio!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Donna's books are great! A definite must read.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for having them over for a chat, Debbie! And I love the pics you did!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna!! It was so my pleasure I just had to spice up those little tykes a bit ;)
      Thanks for taking the time to do this
      xo

      Delete
  8. I'm with Loupe! I so don't remember seeing this. What a handful they sound like. lol Thanks for the intro Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh does this writer know of my husband Billy and his brother Buddy they grew up in Andover NJ and they were notorious pranksters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha, anonymous. That's too funny, this author lives in the South :)

      Delete